The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has opened applications for the second and subsequent time 2023-2024 undergraduate loan application under the old funding model.
HELB invites all Kenyan students placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Service Placement (KUCCPS) and those in self-sponsored programs in public and private universities in Kenya and the East African Community that are recognized by the commission for university Education (CUE) to apply for the loan.
Moreover, only undergraduate students applying for the second and subsequent student loan are eligible for the loan.
How to Apply
- Download the upgraded HELB App from Google Play Store or use USSD Code by dialing *642#
- Register using your phone number to generate a pin that you will use to login.
- Read, understand and click to accept the license agreement.
- Enter your first name as it appears on your national ID card
- Enter your ID number followed by a valid email address to complete your registration
- Click on the loans tab and select degree then click apply under on the undergraduate second and subsequent loan
- Read and understand the process, tutorial and proceed to read the financial literacy guide
- Click on get started to begin the application process
- Enter your phone number (registered to your name) and national id number to verify your own number.
- Read and understand the loan terms and conditions and agree to proceed
- Answer the financial literacy questions and scroll down to view results and click proceed
- Select your preferred loan payment option
- Click request loan to view and verify your loan details
- Click submit to complete the loan application. A pop-up message will pop up to confirm you have applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed.
Moreover, applicants should expect other notifications on awards and disbursement of upkeep and tuition loans, and bursaries where applicable.
For further assistance, applicants are advised to contact HELB through email@example.com
Points to Note
The loans body has asked applicants to take note that there has been an upgrade on the HELB App, hence all candidates should ensure to upgrade their apps.
Likewise, applicants should note that mobile numbers not registered in the student’s name will not proceed with the application.
Also Read: KUCCPS Opens Portal for KMTC Students
Furthermore, the application is paperless, and applicants will not be required to print any form.
A confirmation SMS with a loan application serial number will serve as the evidence of application. As such, applicants are advised to save the SMS for future Reference.
Nonetheless, HELB warned applicants to beware of fraudsters asking for fees as they do not charge any fees to access the loan application.